- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (BVMS), Murdoch University, 2012
- Honours, Veterinary Bioscience (BSc(Hons)), Veterinary Virology, Murdoch University, 2011
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), Murdoch University, 2009
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), Northern Illinois University, 2005
Current Professional Activities
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (ABVP) Feline Practice, Resident
Past Professional Activities
- VIN Associate Editor
- American Association of Feline Practitioners Executive Board Member
- University of Cambridge Wellcome Trust Scholar
- AAFP Emerging Leader
- AAFP Executive Board Intern
- Michigan Veterinary Medical Association Power of 10 Leadership Committee
- Anything feline or viral
- Clinical pathology
- Reading journals
- 8 cats — Does anyone need any cats? :)
- Sea kayaking: racing, rolling or multi-day trips
- Cooking and eating, and not necessarily in that order...
- Running, and the occasional marathon — spaced just far enough to forget how much I hate competitive running
- TWiV (This Week in Virology)— a fantastic podcast
What I like Most About VIN
- Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
- VIN is everything veterinary in one spot — people, networking, puzzles, venting, and cool cases. What is not to like?