- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) Large Animal Internal Medicine, 2009
- Master of Science (MS), Washington State University, 2009
- Residency, Washington State University, 2009
- Internship, Washington State University, 2006
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Washington State University, 2005
- Bachelor of Science (BS), University of Missouri, 1989
Current Professional Activities
Past Professional Activities
- VIN consultant - Ruminants and Swine
- Byers Veterinary Services - an ambulatory mixed animal practice, focusing on small ruminants and camelids, but will see just about anything.
- Associate Professor, Livestock Medicine and Surgery, Department of Clinical Sciences, Colorado State University
- Recently were "down sized" to only 2 dogs when our last old cat was euthanzied. We currently have Cody, a 15 year old red Australian Cattle Dog who is now blind but doesn't care, and Scout who is a 15 year old Border Collie and going deaf and never listened in the first place.
- Just getting back into them after leaving academia, but I love being outdoors (fishing, hiking, skiing, biking, camping...) so love being in Colorado. I also enjoy cooking, reading, and traveling to (and eating in) new locales.
What I like Most About VIN
- "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them." —Maya Angelou
- The ability to keep on learning and try to help others out as well.