Course Open: July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022
Total CE Credit: 1.5
RACE Category: 1.5 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
Are you routinely scruffing, stretching, or struggling with cats, or do you find that you have difficulty with hyperactive, fearful, or aggressive dogs? Learn Low Stress Handling™ techniques that apply to even the most difficult patients. From creating a calm, inviting environment, to using towel wrap techniques, to multiple methods for handling pets of different sizes and temperaments, you'll learn principles and techniques that will allow you to adjust to the patient's needs. Put it all together and you'll create a more Pet-Friendly hospital. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 82 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by June 30, 2022 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- recognize how the sights, sounds, smells, and surfaces in your practice may be increasing stress in your patients.
- create a calm, safe, and secure environment for patients in your practice.
- understand how every interaction, how you approach animals, pick them up, move them from place to place, or restrain them will affect the animal's perception of you and his willingness to cooperate.
Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians and veterinary technicians/technologists. (RACE 20-842037) Course Agenda: Module 1: Low Stress Handling™ and Restraint of Difficult Dogs and Cats
Total Time: 72 minutes
Video: 72 minutes
Module 2: End of Course Test
Total Time: 10 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course.
Module 3: Course Evaluation
Tuition: VIN/VSPN Member $35
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357