Course Open: January 17, 2022 -February 3, 2022
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Monday, January 22, 2022; 8:30pm-10:30pm EDT (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 2
RACE Category: 2 hours Medical
Many clinics have capnography capability, but many technicians have not utilized this skill much. If you need a refresher or a good basic start in capnography, this may be the course for you. This course will discuss the basic principles of capnography, including but not limited to the different types of capnograph units commonly used in practice today. Capnograph waveforms will comprise a large portion of the lecture and participants will be taught how to read and recognize normal vs. abnormal tracings including what causes common abnormalities and how to rectify them.
- Understand the pros and cons of side stream vs. mainstream capnography.
- Learn to read a normal capnograph waveform.
- Learn to recognize normal vs. abnormal capnograph tracings.
RACE Accreditation: This program has been approved for 2 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval. (20-862427)Course Agenda:
Week 1 (Real Time Session January 24): Capnography
In this course we will discuss the pros and cons of both side stream and mainstream capnography. We will learn to read a normal capnograph waveform as well as being able to recognize both normal and abnormal capnograph readings.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: $44 ($40 early bird special if enrolled by January 3, 2022)
Prices are listed in US dollars.
* Students currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited or CVMA approved Veterinary Technician Program may be eligible to receive a 50% discount off the regular rate for this course (upon verification of student status).
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357