- American College of Veterinary Behaviorists (ACVB) Behavior, 1998
- Residency in Behavior, Cornell University, 1997
- Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris (VMD), University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, 1983
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Franklin Marshall College, 1978
Current Professional Activities
- Owner of Veterinary Behavior Consultations, a Behavioral Referral practice based in Pleasant Valley, NY
- Writing and speaking about animal behavior including a monthly column in the newsletter, Catwatch
- Married to Jeff, who is not a veterinarian.
- Nora, the Australian Cattle dog who was named before I even heard of the book titled "Noisy Nora"
- Luna, a very quiet rottweiler
- Rose, the rottweiler that has lured my husband into the world of dog sports
What I like Most About VIN
- I am only one but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
- The chance to learn and share both opinions and facts with other veterinarians.