- American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ACVECC) Emergency Medicine, 2003
- Residency in Emergency Medicine, DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital in Portland, ORDoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital, 2003
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine, Loomis Basin Veterinary Clinic in Loomis, CALoomis Basin Veterinary Clinic, 1998
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Washington State University, 1996
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Univ of Wash, 1989
Current Professional Activities
Past Professional Activities
- VIN Minister of happiness and consultant liaison
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Head of emergency services, VCA Indiana Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Center, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Criticalist and Head of Emergency Service - VCA Veterinary Referral Associates - Gaithersburg, MD
- Criticalist at Veterinary Specialty Center in Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
- Married to the kind, smart, sparkly and wonderful Dr. Gretchen Johnson (formerly Statz), also a criticalist
- Gloria, born August 2012
- Grayson, born December 2011 (on Tony's birthday!)
- Connor, born in July 2004.
- 3 chickens
- Crispy—former burn victim DSH, now a total knucklehead. Needed a z-plasty on his face because he looked like he'd had one too many facelifts.
- Cupid—former through-and-through arrow victim DSH, now happy to be living indoors, thank you.
- Rocco the dunderheaded 3-legged dog
- Camping, cooking, woodworking, reading, soapmaking and being a dad to my kids
What I like Most About VIN
- "Live to the point of tears" —Camus
- "Chance favors the prepared mind"
- "Post hoc ergo propter hoc"
- "Non illegitimi carborundum"
- "I was told I could play my music at a reasonable volume"
- All the donuts I can eat AND a chance to learn and a chance to teach all wrapped up in one. Like veterinary sushi