- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) Oncology, 1999
- Residency in Oncology, University of Wisconsin, 1999
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine, Red Bank Veterinary Hospital in Tinton Falls, NJRed Bank Veterinary Hospital, 1996
- Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris (VMD), University of Pennsylvania, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), University of Pennsylvania, 1990
Current Professional Activities
Past Professional Activities
- Barbara Cox Anthony Chair Professor of Oncology, Colorado State University Flint Animal Cancer Center, Fort Collins, CO
- Associate Professor and Barbara Cox Anthony Chair in Oncology, Colorado State University Flint Animal Cancer Center, Fort Collins, CO (2010–2016)
- Assistant Professor of Oncology, Colorado State University Flint Animal Cancer Center, Fort Collins, CO (2004–2010)
- Staff Oncologist and Director of Medical Staff, The Animal Emergency Center, Milwaukee, WI (2002–2004)
- Assistant Scientist, Oncology Section, University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine, Madison, WI (2002–2004)
- Consultant in Medical Oncology, Animal Cancer Care Pty Ltd / University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia (2001–2002)
- Clinical Instructor / Clinical Research Fellow, Oncology Section, University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine, Madison, WI (1999–2001)
- Married since 1993 to Grace Kim
- Evan, born 2002
- Bennett, born 2006
- Inline and short track ice speedskating, music — all take a back seat to spending time with my family!
What I like Most About VIN
- Big mistakes are made through small holes...
View Dr. Thamm's faculty profile
- The opportunity to exchange ideas with veterinarians from such diverse backgrounds — specialists, private practitioners, industry; and from all over the world as well.