Current Professional Activities
- Clinical Nutritionist, Service Chief, Nutrition Support Service, UC Davis—Mentoring clinical nutrition residents and providing clinical, didactic and laboratory instruction in basic and advanced clinical nutrition for veterinary students of all levels. Providing clinical consultations for referring veterinarians and support of teaching hospital clinical services with case management implementing both enteral and parenteral modalities.
- Member, Training Program Evaluation Committee, American College of Veterinary Nutrition—Review and assessment of residency training programs.
Past Professional Activities
- Consultant, Davis Veterinary Medical Consulting, Inc.—Distributor of Balance IT®, a patent pending clinical nutrition software and nutritional supplement system used world wide by veterinary nutritionists and residents. (2005–2013)
- Veterinarian, Nutrition and Pet Care Center, University of California, Davis, CA—Monitoring and evaluation of animals involved in Association of American Feed Control Officials feeding trial protocols for commercial pet foods. (2005–06)
- Associate Veterinarian, Cordova Veterinary Hospital, Rancho Cordova, CA—Primary patient care and management at a 2.5 doctor American Animal Hospital Association accredited facility. (2004–05)
Inscription on the Monument of a Newfoundland Dog
by Lord Byron
"Near this spot are deposited the remains of one who
possessed Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferocity,
and all the Virtues of Man,
without his Vices.
This Praise, which would be unmeaning
Flattery if inscribed over human
ashes is but a just tribute to the Memory
of Boatswain, a Dog."
What I Like Most About VIN
Availability and willingness of so many enthusiastic and experienced veterinarians to help and share opinions.