Course Open: January 1-December 31, 2022
Total CE Credit: 1.5
RACE Category: 1.5 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
The traditional methods of handling were to scruff, stretch, and force-restrain cats. The result: bites, scratches, and veterinary staff who were unsure of how to keep safe. Learn low stress towel wrap techniques that will help you handle cats with skill and ease. Cats will remain calm and cooperative, and veterinarians and technicians will be confident handling their feline patients. To earn a certificate of completion the participant must complete all learning modules and score 80% or better on the end-of-course test. Completion of the course will take a minimum of 75 minutes. Participants must complete the participation requirements by June 30, 2022 to be eligible for a certificate. To learn more about the requirements for earning a non-interactive CE certificate, please refer to Non-Interactive CE Certificate Requirements. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- apply 6 towel wraps on cats to keep them feeling comfortable and secure and a seventh wrap for emergency situations.
- recognize common handler errors that can cause cats to struggle instead of calm down.
- evaluate which wraps are appropriate for a given cat and learn how to know when to choose something else.
Accreditation: This non-interactive course is approved for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians and veterinary technicians/technologists. (RACE 20-842039) Course Agenda: Module 1: Feline Lab: Towel Wrap Techniques for Handling Cats with Skill and Ease
Total Time: 65 minutes
Video: 65 minutes
Module 2: End of Course Test
Total Time: 10 minutes
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course.
Module 3: Course Evaluation
Tuition: VIN/VSPN Member $35
Prices are listed in US dollars. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357