Course Open: May 10-27, 2021
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Monday, May 17, 2021; 8:00-9:30 pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 1.5
RACE Category: 1.5 hours Medical Skip to Enrollment Course Information:
In this lecture about equine ophthalmology, practitioners will review basic anatomy and learn tricks of the trade to do equine eye exams and key equipment needed. We will also review a few common ophthalmic conditions seen in horses such as trauma, corneal abscesses, and equine recurrent uveitis. Causes of these conditions and updated treatment options will be reviewed. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to
- describe equine ocular anatomy.
- review common equine ophthalmic conditions.
This course is approved for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit by RACE for veterinarians. (RACE 20-811434) Course Agenda: Week 1 (Real Time Session May 17, 2021): Equine Eye Anatomy, Examination Techniques and a Few Extra Things
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate. Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: Member $35 ($32 early bird special if enrolled by April 26, 2021)
Non-Member $95 ($89 early bird special if enrolled by April 26, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars. *To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on May 10, 2021 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center.
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext. 797 or email CEonVIN. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VIN Education Director VIN CE Services: CEonVIN
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 797
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357