Course Open: March 28-April 21, 2022
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Mondays, April 4 and 11, 2022; 9:00-10:30pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 3
RACE Category: 3 hours Non-Medical
The world is turning online. We spend hours each day with the internet in front of us, telling us to buy things, think things and do things. The phone book and your sign out front are no longer the way the world finds you. Now we instantly know if something is good or bad, easily accessed, open right now, cheap or costly. Now we have to create an online presence that suits our hospitals. You do great things and you do them because you care. This course will seek to teach you how to communicate that to the world.
- Understand how to build a good online reputation.
- Learn how to monitor and modify to suit the changing online climate.
- Learn how to respond to negative reviews and blow ups.
RACE Accreditation: This program has been approved for 3 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.20-890711
AHMA Accreditation: This course has been VHMA approved for CVPM credit. (22-04)Course Agenda:
Week 1 (Real Time Session April 4): Creating an online reputation to be proud of
We will be discussing how to shape public opinion and how to build a online reputation in new or less public practices. We will discuss how to use good news to shape what the public is saying. Learn monitoring methods. Learn what platforms are most important to online reputation and how to manage across multiple platforms.
Week 2 (Real Time Session April 11):
Protecting your reputation online
We will discuss how to head off negative reviews, how to manage services to best deal with on going issues in public perception. We will discuss how best to respond to online reviews and how to automate responses to make this a manageable ongoing process. Lastly, we will discuss how to deal with spiraling issues and harassment.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: $66 ($59 early bird special if enrolled by March 14, 2022)
Prices are listed in US dollars.
* Students currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited or CVMA approved Veterinary Technician Program may be eligible to receive a 50% discount off the regular rate for this course (upon verification of student status).
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357