Course Open: July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022
Total CE Credit: 1.0
RACE Category: 1.0 hours Medical
This course will focus on feline hepatic lipidosis with complications. We will look at a typical presentation, typical treatment option (PEG tube) and cover some of the complications these cats can develop. We will also look at post-discharge management and complications ultimately ending with full recovery and feeding tube removal.
This course will consist of a non-interactive segment that includes handouts to be read, a video, handouts of the slides and a mandatory end of course test. To earn a certificate of participation, you must attain a score of 80% or higher on the end of course test.Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate and manage feeding tube nutritional support for feline patients with hepatic lipidosis
- Assess, interpret, and manage common nutritional complications in feline patients with hepatic lipidosis
- Support the patient's post-discharge, including client education and support, until full recovery is achieved
RACE Accreditation: This non-interactive course has been RACE approved for veterinary technicians/technologists (20-847047)Course Agenda:
Segment 1: Nutrition for Hepatic Lipidosis
Presentation, treatment and management of Hepatic Lipidosis
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.
Prices are listed in US dollars.
*To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on June 1, 2022 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. To Enroll:
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357