Course Open: July 1, 2021- June 30, 2022
Total CE Credit: 1.5
RACE Category: 1.5 hours Medical
This course will focus on inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in feline and canine patients. We will discuss typical clinical signs, diagnostic techniques, potential complications, treatment, and nutritional intervention. We will also discuss the veterinary technician's role in managing the treatment of this disease.
This course will consist of a non-interactive segment that includes handouts to be read, 2 videos, handouts of the slides and a mandatory end of course test. To earn a certificate of participation, you must attain a score of 80% or higher on the end of course test. Participants must complete participation requirements by June 30, 2022 to be eligible to earn a certificate of participation.Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss the complications and nutritional deficiencies associated with IBD.
- Develop a feeding plan for canine and feline patients based on their individual requirements.
- Discuss and demonstrate ability to recognize the need for nutritional intervention when indicated.
- Describe the clinical signs associated with IBD.
- Compile potential diagnostics with attending veterinarian .
- Demonstrate knowledge of treatment plans used for patients suffering from IBD.
RACE Accreditation: This course has been RACE approved for veterinary technicians/technologists.(20-874033) Course Agenda:
Segment 1: Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in feline and canine patients
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Prices are listed in US dollars.
*To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on June 1, 2022 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. To Enroll:
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357