Real Time Sessions (RTS): Monday, January 10, 2022; 8:30-10:00pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 1.5
RACE Category: 1.5 hours Medical
This lecture explores fluid therapy in the small animal patient. We discuss fluid compartments and different types of losses and tailoring a fluid plan to each individual patient. We discuss many fluid types including balanced and unbalanced electrolyte solutions and why one choice may be more appropriate for a particular patient. We’ll also discuss the types and uses of colloids. We’ll also discuss perfusion parameter and dehydration assessments, and dosing for patients in shock.
- Calculate a fluid plan and a fluid deficit.
- Understand body fluid compartments.
- Understand fluid types and uses.
RACE Accreditation: This program has been approved for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions that recognize RACE approval. This program is approved for veterinary technicians/technologists. (#20-757365)Course Agenda:
Week 1 (Real Time Session Monday; January 10, 2022): Fluid Therapy
We will discuss how estimate a fluid deficit and calculate a fluid plan. We will discuss real cases and scenarios and examine fluid plans and how to evaluate response to therapy.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Tuition: $33 ($30 early bird special if enrolled by December 20, 2021)
Prices are listed in US dollars.
* Enroll in both ER Series modules modules by January 10, 2022 and receive a 15% discount off the original course price.
* Students currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited or CVMA approved Veterinary Technician Program may be eligible to receive a 50% discount off the regular rate for this course (upon verification of student status).
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357