Course Open: January 7-January 27, 2022
Real Time Sessions (RTS): Monday, January 17, 2022; 8:30-10:00pm ET (USA) World Clock Converter
Total CE Credit: 1.5
RACE Category: 1.5 hours Medical
Enrollment is closed.
This course will discuss the many different facets of transfusion medicine. Topics will include indications for all types of transfusions, how to perform crossmatching and blood typing and finally how to monitor for transfusion reactions.
- Understand the indications for various types of transfusions.
- Understand the importance of blood typing and cross matching.
- Understand how to perform blood typing and cross matching.
- Understand how to monitor patients receiving transfusions of all types.
- Understand how to recognize transfusion reactions.
RACE Accreditation: This program has been approved for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions that recognize RACE approval. This program is approved for veterinary technicians/technologists. (#20-757373)Course Agenda:
Week 1 (Real Time Session Monday; January 17, 2022): ER Series – Transfusion Medicine
PowerPoint presentation and discussion covering transfusion medicine. We will discuss the different components for blood as well as indications for its use and the proper way to administer them to our patients.
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course. Enrollment is closed.
Tuition: $33 ($30 early bird special if enrolled by January 3, 2022)
Prices are listed in US dollars.
* Enroll in both ER Series modules modules by January 10, 2022 and receive a 15% discount off the original course price.
* Students currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited or CVMA approved Veterinary Technician Program may be eligible to receive a 50% discount off the regular rate for this course (upon verification of student status).
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357