Course Open: July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022
Total CE Credit: 1
RACE Category: 1 hours Medical
Technicians interpret data from anesthetic monitors on a routine basis. This 1-hour presentation covers various monitoring modalities used in assessing the anesthetized patient, as well as common pitfalls and precautions that should be taken while interpreting the data provided by them. Monitoring modalities discussed include esophageal stethoscope, ECG, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, capnography and temperature.
- Explain physiologic process associated with each type of monitoring modality and identify various ways to measure them.
- Understand carbon dioxide physiology as relevant to measuring ETCO2.
- Discuss various monitoring methods for ETCO2).
- Develop skills to troubleshoot equipment, identify malfunction and avoid misinterpretation of the data provided by it.
- Recognize normal physiologic parameters and identify minimum acceptable values for esophageal stethoscopes, ECG, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, capnography, and temperature for anesthetized small animal patients.
VSPN CE Course: Open to veterinary technicians/technologists and support staff.
“This course has been RACE approved for veterinary technicians/technologists.(22-43758) Course Agenda:
Segment 1: Anesthetic Monitors
Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the end-of-course test is required to earn a certificate of completion for the course. To learn more about the requirements for earning a CE certificate, please refer to Receiving Your CE Credit and Course Completion Certificate.Course Materials: Course materials will be available in the course library prior to each Real Time Session.
Required Textbook(s): There is no required textbook for this course.
Prices are listed in US dollars.
*To ensure participants are ready and prepared for classes, enrollment will close on June 1, 2022 at 5 pm ET (USA) or when the maximum number of participants is reached. *For more information on how online CE works, see the Participant Resource Center. To Enroll:
- Enrollment qualifications: VIN CE courses are open to VIN member and non-member veterinarians. Veterinarians enrolling in a VSPN CE course must be a VIN member. Veterinary support staff must be a VSPN member to enroll in a VSPN CE or a VIN CE course open to VSPN member enrollment.
- Each enrollee must be able to receive emails from @vspn.org and @vin.com addresses. Email is our major form of communication with participants; personal emails are highly recommended rather than clinic/hospital email addresses.
- For further assistance call 800-846-0028 ext.792 or email VSPNCE. Please include the course title, your full name, and contact information in your correspondence.
VSPN CE Coordinator VSPN CE Services: VSPNCE
800-846-0028 or 530-756-4881; ext. 792
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from the United Kingdom: 01 45 222 6154
or direct line to VIN/VSPN from Australia: 02 6145 2357