Meghan Milbrath, PhD, MPH
- PhD, Environmental Health Studies, University of Michigan 2012
- MPH, International Health and Development, Tulane University 2004
- BA, Biology, St. Olaf College
Current Professional Activities
- Academic Specialist, Honey bees and pollinators extension and research, Michigan State University Department of Entomology
- Coordinator of the Michigan Pollinator Initiative
- Owner, Sand Hill Apiary
- Member, American Beekeeping Federation
- Member, Entomological Society of America
- Michigan Beekeepers Association
- South East Michigan Beekeepers Association
- Center of Michigan Beekeepers
- Ann Arbor Backyard Beekeepers
- I don't have any hobbies because I don't have any time, but I love all the work that I do.
- I work at Michigan State University doing honey bee extension and research
- I run my own beekeeping business (http://www.sandhillbees.org), where we run 200 hives for honey production and queen rearing.
- I teach beekeeping
- I write and read about bees, and spend any free time turning our 80 acres into the best pollinator habitat possible.
- My husband and I raise hogs and chickens, and have 2 dogs - a lovely, well behaved Labrador and a border collie mix that happily terrorizes everyone.