Current Professional Activities
- Co-owner Northeast Veterinary Dermatology Specialists 2011–current
Past Professional Activities
- South Texas Veterinary Specialists 2006–2011 (San Antonio)
- HESKA corp Veterinary Research Assistant, Basic Allergy Group (@ The Ohio State University CVM)
- Dermatology groupie at The Ohio State University CVM (student research, technician duties)
- Even Before That
- Dabbled in education and special education while I figured out what I was passionate about
- United States Modern Pentathlon Team (was living the dream and still trying to satisfy it)
- Grants Back in the Day
- Canine Research Funds
- Student Opportunities for Applied Research
- Veterinary Medical Association of Bexar County, President 2010–2011
- New York
- Vermont, and work there one weekend a month.
- I was reared as a swimmer, but now I run. The longer the better, the earlier in the day the better. Roads, woods, mountains, anywhere. Going to go for a 50 miler when I turn 50 in “X” years! I’ll be back in the water someday. If you cant find me running, I am probably hiking in the woods or in VT, my special place. *Update the 50-mile ultramarathon is SCHEDULED in September in the Hudson Valley of New York. (2021)
- I am a USA Swimming official for age group swimming (super fun to see young swimmers develop).
- To chill, I garden (in hopes that the fam will eat their veggies!), read, and watch my kiddo navigate life.
- Husband, Greg. Not a vet, but he knows Greyhounds! He is a master swimmer, marathon open water swimmer (and you thought I was nuts…he swims with sharks, jellyfish, and unknown creatures of the sea!).
- Human kid, Gregory, who enjoys swimming (he is part chlorine), fencing, archery, basketball, lacrosse, and karate. Always the advocate for more recess, fewer days in school, and no homework!
- “Rookie” 1 yr old crested gecko
- Their predecessors “Hudson” and “Krafty” both rescued racers and both had osteosarcoma
- Fergus and Goodie arrived from track closings in South Florida about 2 y ago now. They were youngsters and only knew track life. No sign of slowing down; the backyard is now a make-shift mud track. They have 2 speeds go and sleep. They enjoy patrolling the backyard for turkeys, foxes, hedgehogs, chipmunks, squirrels, and other furry things. Oddly, rabbits do not hang out with us.
- “Skoot” - 14 y Greyhound in heaven (hemangiosarcopa)
What I Like About VIN
Y’all see some wild cases. I am challenged every time I log on to the message boards. I hope to add practical and solid advice on the presented cases. I am honored and humbled to be among the greats in the dermatology section.