In fond memory:
The VIN community will be forever grateful for Roger's friendship, mentorship, collegiality, leadership, insights and humor. We miss you, Roger, and we dedicate the Emergency Medicine folder to you.
- American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care(ACVECC)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Kansas State University, 1973
Current Professional Activities
- Chief of Staff at Bay Area Veterinary Specialists in San Leandro, CA
- Consultant - VIN
- AAHA/ICP - feline - critical care program
- Consult/evaluate other emergency practices on sporadic basis
- Shock, sepsis, SIRS/MODS, fluid therapy, trauma, hemoglobin-based oxygen carriers, GDV, CPCR, hemoabdomen, toxicology, setting up an emergency room, emergency surgical procedures, critical care monitoring including pulse oximetry, capnography, blood gasses and closed head injury.
Past Professional Activities
- President-Elect of VECCS 1996-98, President 1998-2000, Immediate-Past President 2000-2002
- Chief of Staff - Veterinary Emergency Service, Inc., Fresno, CA
- Recorder, VECCS - two terms
- HAPPILY married to Margie
- Sophie, FS mixed poodlish-type dog
- Claire, FS Sheltie
- Phyllis, FS DSH
- Skyler, MN DSH
- Golf - every chance I get.
"I'll have it done by Thursday."
What I Like Most About VIN
This is just like being in a big family - one where we can argue about politics AND religion and nobody gets mad. There is no other place on earth with the access to the kind of information we have here - the most current information.