Current Professional Activities
- Owner of a three doctor small animal hospital in Powell (Knoxville) Tennessee.
- Practice management consultation specializing in staff utilization, doctor production, staff doctor and client scheduling, associate mentoring, production and buy-ins.
- Co-Editor VIN Practice Management Boards
Past Professional Activities
- Partner in an 8 doctor Small Animal practice that takes calls 24/7 and is open 7 days a week.
- Veterinary Practice Management Consultant - Catanzaro and Associates (1991 - 2004)
- Lake Mead Animal Hospital, owner (1982 - 1992)
- US Army (1975 - 1980)
- Married to Pam Haig, the number one Pharaoh Hound breeder ever. Hence the e-mail address pharaohdoc. Lots of fun with three grandsons.
- Too many to count: besides 10-15 Pharaoh Hounds and several Whippets, we have horses, miniature horses, pygmy goats, pot-bellied pigs, cockatiels, finches, parakeets, an African Grey named “Alfie,” chickens, ducks, pea cocks and hens, Llamas, and of course, cats!
- Lure coursing
- Drinking wine!
"Things will get worse before they get worse."
-- Lilly Tomlin
What I Like Most About VIN
The interaction with all of the veterinarians from all the states, countries, and disciplines.